November 17 - 8 December, 2016
I undertook training in the use of fire blankets not long after making this video. We must always prepare for catastrophe both at work and at home, we were told. The fireman relayed a story regarding a wife who in the process of cooking for her husband, accidentally started a small fire. The punchline was that her husband didn’t get to eat dinner that night, we all laughed politely in the way that co-workers do. A neighbour, however, had to call the fire brigade at 4am that morning; the roof was ablaze, smoke detectors don’t detect fire if it’s above them. Everyone survived but the house, the house was on the edge of collapse.